6.13.2005

Another Busy Weekend

I made more progress on wedding planning. Hopefully I'll get my laptop back this week so I can finish up the intivation list (and hopefully without them having erased/formatted/replaced/demagnetized my hard drive). I finally found a seamstress for the gown. DF & I picked out the invitation pattern. We started work on some of the information dissemation stuff (a.k.a. theknot website... not ready for public viewing yet).

A few people went out to the Brick after work Friday. Fun, a bit laid back. Talked with a few friends I hadn't seen in a while. Saw one coworker make a complete fool of himself, and it reminded me of how much more mature DF is than most of the guys his age. There was a poll at his work about how old he was, and it came in as an average of 6 years older than he is. Which is fine by me. I don't want to marry a guy who's idea of fun is downing shot after shot in the bar.

A friend had a low key bbq on Saturday afternoon, after which DF & I watched Control Room. DF thought it merely reinforced his views on media, I thought it had some unique points. It really does show a different side of the war, and it shows things that are never shown on US television. Or, if they were, I missed them.

Sunday went for a bike ride which for some reason left me completely wiped and dehydrated - despite drinking plenty of water, going a shorter distance, etc. Came back and rested for a bit. Then I had to run some errands, which took me by the Torpedo Factory Art Center. First time I'd actually gone in the gallery. Amazing pieces of art there. I could even see myself buying some. I had this weird vision of me in a house with this fantastic artwork and pottery and stuff.... and then I had to return to my condo with my crappy furniture that the cat has scratched to hell.

I wound up the weekend rewatching Shrek 2. The transformation of the cat into the pathetic little creature attempting to get and then back into a normal cat as soon as its desires are met.... so well done. Makes me crack up whenever I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home