3.25.2006

Houses

We went house hunting today. There was one house I absolutely love. Its gorgeous (on the inside at least, passable on the outside). Its affordable. Its also huge. Much much larger than we can figure out what to do with.

So, I started researching the area. The local public schools, um, suck. Mostly vocational. They highlight the day care in the high school for teen parents (great idea IMO, but, how many teen parents are there???). Also, not very good scores, and less than half the school goes onto a 4 year college. Not that I have kids in high school, but its the whole thing about the area. So, I looked into private schools. The Catholic school (which is huge) seems pretty good. But.... its Catholic. Mandatory theology classes. And it doesn't solve the early education problem.

Crime rates are decent, generally at or below national averages.

What to do, what to do.

And then I heard horrible news from a friend. A terrible loss. I don't even know what to say. A great guy will be missed, but not forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home