3.09.2006

Settling In

I have been checking out fencing clubs. Most of them have reasonable rates (or at least floor fees). I met with Ariana at PdF and she said she would help me with my reffing (A rated ref in sabre). The club's a long drive (~40 minutes from work, 70 minutes from home). But its pretty good.

And here's the shocker. I was reffing sabre in practice. I reffed 7-8 bouts. There were only two complaints about my calls. And I mean complaints of the variety "but the point in line was established too close to be a PIL, it had to be an attack." The foil bouts I've reffed up here have also been extremely cordial. This makes the whole experience that much better.

My job is keeping me busier. Lots of meetings. Lots of working with spreadsheets. And a little bit of troubleshooting of things that are not going as well as they should be in the network.

I finally got a new group of contractors to agree to come out on one day to my condo so that I can get it ready for sale.

Oh, another shocker. I am up every (work) day by 7:30am at the absolute latest, usually 6:30. That's because I have to be at work usually before 8 for meetings, and its a 35-45 minute drive. This is a huge change from getting there at 10am, with a 10-15 minute drive if necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home