2.11.2006

Move is half done

I finished the drive to Rhode Island. It took me 6.5 hours. That included a much later than anticipated start. The movers had problems they did not expect, pushing that back 1.5 hours, and then I had to do my exit interview for my company on Thurday instead of Wednesday because my car broke down on Wednesday. Car still needs some work but everything was OK enough for the drive. I probably need new spark plugs, but cleaning them got them to work well enough.

On the way up, I hit traffic in MD as there was a horrible accident. It *looked* like a semi tipped over in the wind, half crushing a sedan's front end, which was then smashed into by an SUV. I-95 north was basically closed. Then I hit rush hour in New Jersey and New York and Connecticut. I had hoped to only hit it in Connecticut.

For some strange reason, the Merritt was the slowest leg of my trip. Usually its the fastest.

And, can I just say that RI drivers are strange? I mean, empty highway. I am going 75 (10 over). There is a minimum speed of 55. If any of the cars I passed were going above 40 I would be completely shocked.

Friday, we drove to Logan and then flew to Denver. A week of skiing in Vail. I'm spending today as a recovery/acclimation day. I've had a massage and read a book (one of Baldacci's - Hour Game, not bad, not good). I'm currently websurfing as I seem to have internet (yay). I will buy my snow pants and hand and foot warmers for tomorrow later.

Driving up from Denver was OK. Aside from DH being scared as all hell because we were in the clouds and it was snowing. Yeah, well, the vehicle was completely in control, everyone around us was in control, we were going 30 MPH. He was making me nervous even though I could feel how the car was responding (ok SUV - Ford Escape). But, we had no problems at all.

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 7:53 PM, Blogger MAW said...

glad you made it all safe and sound! enjoy your time off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home