7.23.2005

Wedding Planning

I think its a plot to guarantee that brides planning an event have no time to be with friends, follow what's going on in the world, and thus keep them in a state of subservience to the guy since he actually had time to keep on top of things in the world.

We got the tuxes today. It took ~30 minutes. All the tuxes for everyone, excluding the one measurement that needs to be done. That covers shoes, vests, tux, cufflinks, ties. Meanwhile, I went on my 3rd fitting for the dress (out of 6 I think). I still haven't heard back from two of my bridesmaids as to whether they received the fabric swatch. I had to leave work early twice this week to go sample cakes. Admittedly, not a bad thing to do, but, I had to take vacation time.

According to the Knot, I'm way behind schedule. I think I'm going to be cutting some things close, but otherwise I'm OK.

I need to schedule the photographer for the engagement photos. Argue with the florist over flower arrangements. Decide on the exact food setup. Finalize all the invitations - I think we have the final wording, but I need to make sure we have all of the addresses. I think that's tomorrow's job.

For all this stress and 30 grand, you too can have a big wedding in NoVA.

1 Comments:

At 7/24/2005 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember the only NECESSARY elements:

bride, groom, officiant, license, the minimum number of witnesses required by law.

Anything else is just icing.

:)

-MAW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home