6.12.2006

Screaming time

I tried hiding this weekend. I played a really old RPG (Might and Magic Worlds of Xeen). I cleaned my closet. I cleaned my car. I cleaned the living room. I did laundry.

You know what that means? I feel completely out of control.

Issue #1 - Starting to switch realtors as I just don't like my current realtor. However, I have ZERO time to fly down to DC to deal with it.

Issue #2 - CEO and CIO are visiting my work site this week (starting tomorrow). CEO will be sitting in the office on my left. CIO will be sitting in the office on my right.

Issue #3 - One of the applications I tangentially support (I'm the backup support who has no clue what's going on) has become very high profile after some things went wrong last week.

Issue #4 - My extended family is carving up my grandfather's possessions. I was never close to those grandparents. My grandmother died around 2000. She had divided up all the possessions mostly equally between the various relatives. That's being pretty much reworked by everyone else. I don't have the time or energy to fight it.

I was supposed to receive a set of Hummel figurine musicians, and 2(?) silver plated serving trays engraved with my great-grandmother's name (whom I am named for). I declined all of it (wtf do you do with a serving tray?) But now I'm having second thoughts. I really want the pictures from them. I would have liked some of the fantastic furniture my grandfather made by hand, but, that's all spoken for by people much higher on the chain than me. I met my great-grandmother I think once. I barely remember it. I kinda remember her house, I think.

Issue #4 - Photographer *still* hasn't finished my pictures.

Issue #5 - Need to find a house up here

Issue #6 - one of my indirect reports and I are having serious communication issues.

*sigh*

I want a full-time assistant to deal with as many of these issues as possible. The rest is just draining.

2 Comments:

At 6/17/2006 7:37 AM, Blogger MAW said...

did you survive the week?

 
At 6/17/2006 7:54 AM, Blogger t said...

Yes. Some issues resolved. Some not. But I survived.

The photographer still hasn't gotten back to me. I talked to my old realtor about taking over the property (I at least know what I'm getting with her). I got big marks from the CIO and CEO - including a spot award bonus.

Things with my grandparent's estate are still a mess, and my grandfather is not doing well (I had thought he was).

I also just passed the sabre ref exam, and am trying to get observed at Pomme next weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home