4.13.2006

Trivial Pursuit

Ok, I think I sort of accept that I cannot beat my husband at Trivial Pursuit. Even when I have a good game, I cannot manage to roll the right numbers to end up in the center. But, his gaffe last night makes up for it.

Question: "What 10 volume novel written by Victor Hugo was published in 1862"
DH answer: "War and Peace"
me: literally rolling on the floor laughing
DH: "What's so funny?"
me: "How can you confuse 'The Great Russian Novel' with a French one?"
DH: "War and Peace has French in it"
me: (more laughing)
DH: "Well, who did write War and Peace"
me: "Tolstoy"
DH: "No he didn't. It was a different Russian name"
me: (more laughing)
DH: "I'm serious"
me: goes over to bookshelf and pulls out War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
DH: "Then who wrote Crime and Punishment"
me: "Dostoyevsky"
DH: "Not Tolstoy?"
me: pulls out Crime and Punishment
DH: "So what did Hugo write?"
me: "Les Miserables"
DH: (laughs) "I'm getting stupider by the hour."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home