5.22.2006

I hate realtors

Let me just start with that simple statement.

Realtor who is selling my condo - uncommunicative (after getting it listed), and seems to not be doing much with it. No feedback to me whatsoever. I have no idea whether or not I have it priced well. It may be I need to drop the price ~5% (more than that seems out of market range, even now). But I don't know. And I don't know what to do about it right now.

Realtor who we're working with to buy a place up here. Is not listening. Is obviously most interested in getting a fast sale. I said we wanted to look at town/cities X,Y, and Z. She shows us town W - 15 miles away from X Y and Z. The reasons I picked X , Y and Z? Good school districts, one of which has a fantastic pre-K/K/and elementary program. This means saving ~$10K a year on private school, which would be required in town W - and then its Catholic school (bleh). I know kids are a little ways off, but preK will probably be about 4-5 years, and its likely we'll be here at least that long.

So, she takes us to town W. Shows us some nice houses. One house we do like - but its the location being town W and not X Y or Z that bugs us. Plus its on a corner with a semi-busy road. Realtor says "Its only country club traffic" oh, so you mean that on the weekends, when we're home, it will be busy with everyone going to play golf when we want to be outside in the yard. Great.

I hate realtors.

1 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 7:46 PM, Blogger MAW said...

that's a heck of a headache....the "word on the street" around here seems to be that things are selling, but it's taking MUCH longer than it used to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home