5.04.2006

Multi-person Budgeting

While DH and I have similar approaches to money and saving and investing, its becoming quite clear we have vastly different ideas of budgeting.

As my condo has not sold yet (and probably won't for ~2 months, just due to market conditions), I have to keep just over 50% of my take home income dedicated to mortgage, taxes and condo association payments. DH makes slightly less than I, and is complaining about me not paying 50% of utilities and rent at our apartment (which adds up to about 25% of my takehome). The reason he wants me to contribute? So he can put more money into savings. Granted, I spend virtually nothing on groceries.

Now, I agree with saving as much as possible. But, really, to spend 75% of my income each month on housing, while he pays 25% makes me annoyed. So, I'm keeping track of all my expenses this month (DH already does this), and at the end of it, we're going to create a real budget for the two of us.

It will be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home