7.14.2006

WholesomeWear home

The Wash Post had an article on this line of summer swimwear (WholesomeWear home). My main thought: doesn't that make swimming rather difficult? It reminds me of the upper level swim class I had to take where - to simulate going overboard at sea - we had to swim/tread for 10 minutes wearing shoes, jeans and a T-shirt. So much more difficult than regular swimming.

There's a reason why competitive swimwear is also reasonably revealing - that's what works. Same in other sports. I don't see many sprinters wearing warmups or other long pants during the race, although I have seen them wearing lycra tights if its cold out. But again, form fitting. These loose fitting, bulky clothing seems to just go against the idea of swimming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home