10.29.2006

Housework

I've been doing a lot of housework. I finished the master closet rebuild, so it now has 2 rods for hanging on the left side (two half height ones), one full length one in the back, and then shelves on the right side. Two of the shelves have cedar inserts to help preserve the wool sweaters.

We also bought a new dresser, except we bought it at the scratch 'n' dent outlet with some barely visible scratches for a lot less money. It was an adventure carrying it up to the second foor.

Then we discovered that the roof leaked when we had the bad storms yesterday. DH went up and saw that there was a hole in the roof that we could see daylight through, right next to a PVC pipe of some sort (I think its a vent). Anyways, we temporarily plugged the hole with a plastic bag, but needed to get caulk for that. Today I got roofing caulk and did what I could to block off the leak. I think it would have been better if I were doing it from the outside instead of the inside. But, I cannot see any daylight from it now.

I also started working on the gigabit wiring (cat-6) for the house. I got it pulled from the closet where the wireless router is up to the closet, and I found where I want to drop it down for the office (aka 3rd bedroom)... and then couldn't figure out how to do that.

There was also a problem with the linoleum in the master bath. It was peeling away from the shower stall. So... out comes the bath caulk again, and some glue, and a temprary fix is put in place. We really need to renovate the master bath. But, no money or time for that right now. Especially since we'll need to hire contractor(s) as neither of us is up to re-working plumbing.

Non-house work wise...

I'm going to Albuquerque this week. My trip to Charlottesville (HQ) in December is in hold - the CEO banned non-sales travel this quarter - but they need me in ABQ for a data modelling.

Its kinda weird that my boss is 3 years younger, and slightly more "senior" people in the company are 5 years younger. I believe I can move up to the senior positions though. I just need to learn what the ropes are here to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home