12.08.2006

Froogle's seller rating aggretator must be broken

I attempted to purchase a product from AlwaysLowest.com (yeah.. I learned my lesson. Next time its a name I recognize). Anyways, they had a 5.0 out of 5 rating from 8 reviews according to Froogle.

After my lousy experience with the seller, I looked at those ratings.

6 of the 8 had "no rating available", and 4 of those were very negative.
The other two had 5/5. Looking closer at those ratings, from pricegrabber.com, gave a past 3 months average of 1.67, past 6 months of 3.14, and alltime of 3.24.

In reality, I think it should have been a rating of around 2.5 out of 5.
4 @ 1, 2 @ 3.2, 2 @ 5 = 20.4/8

I guess its my own fault. I relied on the aggregator to do my research instead of doing it myself.

So... new order for my projector. I should get it by the 24th. Very reputable shipper. Still slower than I would like, but, at least this time I'll get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home