6.11.2007

Coaching

While I am creating my own coaching program (with a couple of others, who also are experienced fencers) for coaching myself, I was given an interesting opportunity on Friday.

The Catholic high school near me needs a new fencing coach. I explained that I am not a coach. I was informed that neither was their old coach.

But how much of a time commitment is coaching high school? And do I even think I might have that much time? I mean, I could probably help out 1-2 days a week. But I still have everything else in my life. I don't want to stop my own fencing (yet/again). I have to mull this over, because it'd be nice to be paid for fencing stuff too.

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2007 6:30 PM, Blogger MAW said...

Nearly everyone I know who's taken up coaching with anything resembling the seriousness that the students deserve (even part time) has found that their competitive skills take a step backwards. Paul, Greg, Allen, Jill, me, and a whole host of others.

Also, I don't think you'd enjoy coaching all that much and it's hard enough to do it when you do love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home